Www.epicgear.com.sg (referred to as “the Website”) is maintained by Epic Gear Pte Ltd. We at Epic Gear fully understand how important your privacy is and we publish this statement to ensure that you are aware of our commitments to protecting your privacy when you visit our site.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites, applications and other services.
What Information is Collected
We will only collect relevant data that is necessary and may include some or all of the below:
- Identity data, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and date of birth;
- Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers;
- Account data, such as bank account details, bank statements, credit card details and payment details (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third party payment service providers);
- Transaction data, such as details about orders and payments, and other details of products and Services related to you;
- Technical data, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, international mobile equipment identity, device identifier, IMEI, MAC address, cookies (where applicable) and other information and technology on the devices you use to access the Website;
- Profile data, such as your username and password, orders related to you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage data, such as information on how you access or use the Website, products and Services or view any content on the Website, including the time spent on the Website, items and data searched for on the Website, access times and dates, as well as websites you were visiting before you came to the Website and other similar statistics;
- Location data, such as when you capture and share your location with us in the form of photographs or videos and upload such content;
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the Website or with third party customer service providers; and
If you choose to provide us with such personal information, you agree and consent to the transfer and storage of such information on servers of our choosing.
What is the Collected Information Used For
- Process order of goods and/or services by us or by our designated representatives and/or business partners to you or to parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto, including:
- • To deliver the products you have purchased through the Website. We may pass your personal information on to a third party (e.g. our logistics partner) or relevant regulatory authority (e.g. customs) in order to make delivery of the product to you;
- • To update you on the shipping of the products and/or services;
- • To provide customer support for your orders; and
- • To verify and carry out payment transactions (including any credit card payments, bank transfers, offline payments, remittances, or e-wallet transactions) in relation to payments related to you and/or Services used by you. In order to verify and carry out such payment transactions, payment information, which may include personal data, will be transferred to third parties such as our payment service providers.
- Providing Services
- • To facilitate your use of the Services or access to the Website;
- • To administer your account (if any) with us;
- • To display your name, username or profile on the Website (including on any reviews you may post);
- • To respond to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes, whether directly or through our third party service providers;
- • To assess your application for loan/instalment (including third-party) facilities and/or to perform credit risk assessments in relation to application for financing services (where applicable; and
- • To facilitate the integration of third party’s loyalty membership programmes with our Website.
- Marketing and advertising
- • To provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us (provided you have opted to receive such information);
- • To send you marketing or promotional information about our products and services on our Website from time to time (provided you have opted to receive such information);
- • To help us conduct marketing and advertising; and
- • To promote the Services and use information that you give to us, such as user-generated content (including video content) that you can choose to upload or broadcast on our Website and will be accessible on the Internet and may be shared by the public (the latter of which is not within our control), as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Website.
- Legal and operational purposes
- • To ascertain your identity in connection with fraud detection purposes;
- • To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- • To process any complaints, feedback, enforcement action and take-down requests in relation to any content you have uploaded to the Website;
- • To produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
- • To store, host, back up your personal data;
- • To perform due diligence checks;
- • To comply with legal and regulatory requirements (including, where applicable, the display of your name, contact details and company details), including any law enforcement requests, in connection with any legal proceedings, or otherwise deemed necessary by us; and
- • Where necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety.
- Analytics, research, business and development
- • To understand your user experience with the Services and the Website;
- • To improve the layout or content of the pages of the Website and customise them for users;
- • To identify visitors on the Website;
- • To conduct surveys, including carrying out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour;
- • To derive further attributes relating to you based on personal data provided by you (whether to us or third parties), in order to provide you with more targeted and/or relevant information;
- • To conduct data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
- • To further develop our products and services; and
- • To know our customers better.
- • Any other purpose to which your consent has been obtained; and
- • To conduct automated decision-making processes in accordance with any of the above purposes.
Security of Your Personal Data
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, processing, copying, modification, disposal, loss, misuse, modification or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as:
Restricting access to personal data to individuals who require access;
Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access;
Using 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details; and/or
implementing other security measures as required by applicable law.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Retention of Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we are either required or permitted to by law or as relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.